Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Will Ron Paul raise a million bucks on November 5th?

I've seen it thrown about that Ron Paul Meetup members are planning a $100 donation on November 5th. It was recently reported that less than 3% of donors to Ron Paul are maxed out, so that leaves a lot of room for growth.


Let's say that there are 40,000 unique and loyal Ron Paul Meetup members. If 25% of them meet the $100 donation request on November 5th then they will raise Ron Paul $1,000,000 in a single day. Impressive, and I'd say that's a conservative estimate of what could happen.


Remember, I'm only counting Internet donations from Ron Paul Meetup members. Ron Paul has much more support than just Meetup groups. He got nearly a half-million votes in 1988. Something tells me that a majority of those people are still alive and most of them will vote for Ron Paul. I don't participate in Meetups and I'll most likely donate for my first time on that day. So will many others.


I can already see the hater headlines in early November claiming that the Ron Paul campaign is falling flat because of a monthly fundraising goal that fell a million short. Boom! Remember, remember the Fifth of November.

No comments: